Grady Jeremiah's Story
Grady Jeremiah Smith came into the world early according to our timetables on November 7, 2010. He was born in the second trimester at just 26 weeks, approximately 3 months premature, and weighing only 1 pound 15 ounces.
His story is one of the unexpected, and of trying days, but also of God's kindness to us as we learned to trust more in the Lord. We have watched the miracle of a tiny baby developing into a healthy boy and young man.
Watch his journey as we get a glimpse into the Lord knitting together a precious life in what normally takes place in a hidden place from our eyes. Below are blog posts we did from each step of this amazing journey.
PREGNANCY AND ULTRASOUNDS
- 6-29-2010 ~ Ultrasound 1 ~ 7 Weeks
- 7-13-2010 ~ Ultrasound 2 ~ 9 Weeks
- 7-27-2010 ~ Ultrasound 3 ~ 11 Weeks
- 10-15-2010 ~ It's a Boy!
JULIA IN PRE-TERM LABOR AT 25 WEEKS
- 11-6-2010 ~ Premature Labor: Julia taken to UAB
- 11-6-2010 ~ Medical update
- 11-7-2010 ~ We are scared, but our trust is in God
BIRTH AND NEONATAL ICU STAY
- 11-7-2010 ~ Birth and First Pictures
- 11-8-2010 ~ Good News and Needing Housing
- 11-8-2010 ~ Undigested Feedings and Jaundice
- 11-10-2010 ~ Name and Finding Housing
- 11-11-2010 ~ Breathing and Eating
- 11-12-2010 ~ Hello world...I can see you now!
- 11-13-2010 ~ Ups and Downs
- 11-13-2010 ~ Kangaroo Care and Reading
- 11-14-2010 ~ Happy "1 Week" Birthday!
- 11-15-2010 ~ Stop Messing With Me!
- 11-15-2010 ~ God Moves In Mysterious Ways
- 11-16-2010 ~ Quite Comfortable
- 11-19-2010 ~ Progress and "I am glad daddy is back"
- 11-19-2010 ~ Dad and Son Kangaroo Time
- 11-20-2010 ~ Stuck on an Elevator
- 11-20-2010 ~ A Restful Day
- 11-21-2010 ~ First Bath
CONTINUING CARE NURSERY STAY
- 11-22-2010 ~ Breathing Challenges and a New Room
- 11-23-2010 ~ MRSA
- 11-24-2010 ~ Getting Bigger
- 11-24-2010 ~ Welcome to CCN
- 11-25-2010 ~ Much To Be Thankful For
- 11-27-2010 ~ Thanksgiving Weekend
- 11-28-2010 ~ Week 3 and 2 Pounds
- 11-29-2010 ~ Life Is In The Blood
- 11-30-2010 ~ Mom's Not Feeling Well
- 12-1-2010 ~ Health Update on Julia
- 12-2-2010 ~ Progress for Julia and Grady Jeremiah
- 12-3-2010 ~ Continued Progress!
- 12-4-2010 ~ The Little Guy's Video Debut
- 12-5-2010 ~ Perspectives 1
- 12-6-2010 ~ Continued Development
- 12-7-2010 ~ 1 Month Birthday
- 12-8-2010 ~ Perspectives 2
- 12-10-2010 ~ Hiccups 12-10-2010 ~ Two Good Days
- 12-12-2010 ~ Where did Dad and Mom go?
- 12-13-2010 ~ They're Back!
- 12-14-2010 ~ Family Bible Reading
- 12-15-2010 ~ Bath Time!
- 12-15-2010 ~ Three Pounds and Progress!
- 12-17-2010 ~ Learning to Nurse
- 12-20-2010 ~ It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- 12-22-2010 ~ Getting Bigger - But not as big as a study Bible
- 12-23-2010 ~ First Eye Exam
- 12-25-2010 ~ Merry Christmas!
- 12-28-2010 ~ Guess Who's FOUR pounds?
- 12-29-2010 ~ Two Bottles!
- 12-31-2010 ~ Good News and Its Changes
- 1-1-2011 ~ Change in Feeding Plan Again
- 1-1-2011 ~ A Quick Growth & Weight Update
- 1-3-2011 ~ Where's My Caffeine?
- 1-5-2011 ~ Learning, Sleeping and Growing
- 1-8-2011 ~ Teachers and Exams Already?
- 1-11-2011 ~ 5 Pounds and Lots of Sleeping
- 1-14-2011 ~ Our Little Champion
- 1-15-2011 ~ Hold Me...Now!
- 1-17-2011 ~ Moved to a crib...and more!
- 1-18-2011 ~ MRI Scan and Results
- 1-21-2011 ~ Not Another Eye Exam
- 1-23-2011 ~ So Glad Mom is Back
- 1-24-2011 ~ The Grandparents are Happy
- 1-25-2011 ~ T-Minus 48 Hours!
- 1-26-2011 ~ Getting Ready!
COMING HOME AND THE EARLY MONTHS
- 1-28-2011 ~ We are home!
- 2-5-2011 ~ A Good First Week Home
- 2-12-2o11 ~ "Due Date"
- 2-27-2011 ~ Learning to roll over!
- 3-5-2011 ~ Getting Big!
- 3-24-2011 ~ Hello Mr. Ceiling Fan
- 4-2-2011 ~ UAB Newborn Follow Up Clinic
- 4-30-2011 ~ Spring is Here!
- 5-26-2011 ~ May Travels
- 7-17-2011 ~ Summer Pictures
- 7-17-2011 ~ Summer Medical Update
- 8-25-2011 ~ My Favorite Things
- 8-27-2011 ~ Fall Update